Re: Europa-List: fuel lines

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel lines
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:33:24

On 2015-11-02, at 23:09, fraser221 <vicflett@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Planning  the fuel lines using finger strainers at the tank, via gascolator
> and
flowscans on the send and return lines.

> can anyone advise whether I should use a restrictor on the return line and
> suggested
type of hose etc.

> any advice and pics would be appreciated. Engine install is 912s.

Vic - I am installing much the same arrangement in an XS, although with just 1
Floscan sender. I understand the restrictor in the return line is important for
ensuring the correct fuel pressure at the carbs. Im using rigid aluminium pipe
in the aft fuselage but stainless steel braided hose in the tunnel (to resist
damage by stones thrown up by the wheel) and firewall-forward. Another
possibility
for protecting the pipe in the tunnel is to encase the aluminium pipe
in a glass-fibre covering.

You can see a drawing of my fuel system and a list of the components here:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/fuel_system.php

Hope this helps.

in friendship

Rowland