Europa-List: Autopilot Servos

Subject: Europa-List: Autopilot Servos
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 17:56:52
I am fiddling around trying to work out where to put the Dynon autopilot
servos.

I definitely don't want to get into the major surgery of the official mod.

Someone - sorry i forget who sent me a very pretty installation in the rear
fuselage just behind the baggage bay.

Unfortunately I have rather a lot of stuff just in that location...fuel
lines and wires etc.

I was just about to reinforce the rear fuselage and built a bridge over the
rudder cable and then connect teh servo to the torque tube with ah bracket
when I thought Id just ask the assembled wisdom.  My feeling was the the
fuselage floor is kinda weak and the torque tube also quite thin
walled...which made me think about lateral loads on the torque tube.

Is there a downside to putting the servos in the cabin linked to the joint
at the base of the joystick?

I have a lot of space under my legs . I built a reclined seat in order o
fit my 6'4" under the door.  Apart from the obvious issue of stepping on
them which I would guess that one can deal with by putting them in a box is
there a downside to this?  Do the servos need cooling for example?

Many thanks

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT