Europa-List: Re: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller

Subject: Europa-List: Re: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:55:52

Thanks all, I have ordered a TruTrak Gemini AP as all of the trutrak equipments
on the Mod 75 list are now obsolete. I like the idea of stepper motors rather
than sets of gears and a DC motor and the  included Primary Flight Display gives
me attitude and more which means I may even get rid of my 'steam AHI/DI if
pleased with the result. It comes with both servos, roll and pitch and so I am
looking at Mod 76 as well.
It seems I have to replace the transversal pitch tube CS10 that runs between the
wing roots - since the plane is built I don't like the look of that, why can't
I attach a bracket as per the roll tube? Or drive the main pitch tube with
a rod from behind the baggage bay? I am sure I have seen a drawing of that
somewhere.
I wonder if I can up issue the mod with an alternative arrangement?
If someone else has implemented it I can reuse their mod maybe?

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W
Newby: 200 hours 4 years on the Mono
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: