Re: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller

Subject: Re: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller
From: amimcfadyean@talktalk.net
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:21:42
=0AFor what it's worth I mounted the AP servo on the exist
ing embedded ply hardpoint (at least in the Classic) on the
floor of the tunnel, where the fuel valve often sits. This
connects via a slightly longer pushrod to a horn mounted on
the four bolts at the aft end of the aileron torque tube
(the one that runs under the seat). This arrangement circumven
ts the ingenuity required to fit the servo below the seat.=0A
Some others have, I understand, mounted the servo in the foo
twell, where it is vulnerable to FOD.=0APFA-accepted.=0A=0ADuncan
McF.=0A=0A=0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@t
alktalk.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Wed, 14 Oct 2015
10:32=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wi
on" <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>Hi! Steve/All have a TruTrak Pictor
ial Pilot fitted in G-PTAG which functions great withhe Sky
force IIIc GPS. don't have pitch control since I prefer t
o keep that to myself!he only bitch I have is that the
Skyforce no longer "speaks" to my originalavbox flight planni
ng system therefore needing the route entered manually.robably
due to using Virtual Machineware to accommodate a 64 bit lap
 top .However I now, in tandem, use Sky Demon on a Mi
ni i-pad, which runs parallelnd much more accurately than t
he Skyforce. Oh ! what a relief it would bef the Sky
Demon would "drive" the TruTrak too!ounting of the TruTrak
servo was challenging as I am sure any servo in theasseng
er left thigh support area would be.ixing the drive to th
e pitch control tube was also needing some ingenuity!lso re
inforcing the cut out to the passenger seating area was impo
rtant.ut the whole issue is priceless especially in demanding
 conditions.egardsob Harrison. G-PTAG -----Original Message--
---rom: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.commailto:owner-europa-list-s
erver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Steve Pittent: 14 October 2
015 08:16o: europa-list@matronics.comubject: Re: Europa-List: wh
ats involved in fitting a wing leveller--> Europa-List messag
e posted by: Steve Pitt -> <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>I fitt
ed the Trio wing leveller in concert with Ian Rickard, who
installedhe Tru Track, and this work then begat the EUROPA
Club mod on wingevellers. would not be without my wing
leveller especially when flying solo - it gote out of one
 unfortunate scrape last year and allowed me to concentrate
onlying the plane.s far as fitting is concerned it was
one of the easiest mods to fit, ateast in my aircraft,
and with the Skymap 3c flies routes easily. ssuming you h
ave not filled the space under the passenger left thigh, you
ave an easy accessible place for the servo and a short
push rod attachmentnto the aileron push rod alongside.wo o
f the requirements of the mod are that you can override th
e force ofhe wing leveller and that it can be switched
off and have its own c/b. Bothits have these requirements.
he Trio is great in flight in that if I have set a
flight path too close to hotspot like a VOR I can offse
t my route by increments of 0.1 nm - reallyseful when y
ou realise you are closer to a glider site than you should
 be.ou will also find that the Dynon servos can also be
 installed according tohe mod paperwork although I cannot c
omment on any other kits (i.e. Garmin).ope this helps. I
know lots of EUROPA owners have gone down the wingeveller
route. Some have gone further with pitch as well.egardstev
eSent from my iPad> On 13 Oct 2015, at 22:20, david
park <dpark748@icloud.com> wrote:  --> Europa-List message p
osted by: david park <dpark748@icloud.com>  Just fitted Ez
e Autopilot Wing Leveller with Gold Servo. Works perfectly
will follow Garmin 496 flight plan or selected course. Easy
 fit get the loom as well. Dave G-LDVO   Sent
---From my iPhone  > On 13 Oct 2015, at 21:07, graem
e bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:> > --> Europa-List messag
e posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>> > I don't
 really understand how they work,  presumably any manual inp
utverrides them but they must be fairly strong to rotate
the tube.  I guessf you disable it,  it disengages the
servo and reverts to a normal feeltick.> Any recommendatio
ns as to a easiest fit set up. I dont have an EFIS I
ould have to fit something probably in place of my 'steam
DI' which Iouldnt miss that much.> It would seem a use
ful device for long flights. Is it an easy standardod?>
> --------> Graeme Bird> G-UMPY> Mono Classic/XS FFW
912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W> Newby: 200 hours 4 years on the Mono
 g@gdbmk.co.uk> > > > > Read this topic onli
ne here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=447902#447
 & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,-= Photoshare, and m
uch much more:-=-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigato
r?Europa-List-=-===================
===========================
==============-=
    - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS --= Same great content a
lso available via the Web Forums!-=-=   --> http://f
orums.matronics.com-=-=================
    - List Contribution Web Site --=  Thank you f
or your generous support!-=
                -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution-=======
=0A=0A