Re: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller

Subject: Re: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:15:51

I fitted the Trio wing leveller in concert with Ian Rickard, who installed the
Tru Track, and this work then begat the EUROPA Club mod on wing levellers.
I would not be without my wing leveller especially when flying solo - it got me
out of one unfortunate scrape last year and allowed me to concentrate on flying
the plane.
As far as fitting is concerned it was one of the easiest mods to fit, at least
in my aircraft, and with the Skymap 3c flies routes easily.
Assuming you have not filled the space under the passenger left thigh, you have
an easy accessible place for the servo and a short push rod attachment onto the
aileron push rod alongside.
Two of the requirements of the mod are that you can override the force of the
wing
leveller and that it can be switched off and have its own c/b. Both fits have
these requirements.
The Trio is great in flight in that if I have set a flight path too close to a
hotspot like a VOR I can offset my route by increments of 0.1 nm - really useful
when you realise you are closer to a glider site than you should be.
You will also find that the Dynon servos can also be installed according to the
mod paperwork although I cannot comment on any other kits (i.e. Garmin).
Hope this helps. I know lots of EUROPA owners have gone down the wing leveller
route. Some have gone further with pitch as well.
Regards
Steve

Sent from my iPad

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 22:20, david park <dpark748@icloud.com> wrote:
>

> Just fitted Eze Autopilot Wing Leveller with Gold Servo.
> Works perfectly will follow Garmin 496 flight plan or selected course.
> Easy fit get the loom as well.
> Dave G-LDVO
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>

>> On 13 Oct 2015, at 21:07, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> I don't really understand how they work,  presumably any manual input
>> overrides
them but they must be fairly strong to rotate the tube.  I guess if you disable
it,  it disengages the servo and reverts to a normal feel stick.
>> Any recommendations as to a easiest fit set up. I dont have an EFIS I would
have to fit something probably in place of my 'steam DI' which I wouldnt miss
that much.