Re: Europa-List: Course pitch stop setting Airmaster AP332 for high alti

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Course pitch stop setting Airmaster AP332 for high altitude
From: Kevin Klinefelter <klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 06:13:37

You say you set the controller to 4800 for cruise. Is that in manual mode? The
factory setting is 5100 I think, which is the minimum cruise RPM recommended.

I think you might want to refer to the airmaster manual.

Kevin

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 10:46 PM, Roland <schmidtroland@web.de> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I've set the Airmaster Controller for a cruise of 4800 RPM. That works good at
low altitudes.

> However, when I go up high (highest was FL 180 by now), I have to reduce
> throttle
in cruise to not over rev the engine (at least to stay below MCP of 5500
RPM).

> I read about some US-Europa-owners also flying high frequently.
>
> Is there any course pitch stop-setting to recommend for high altitudes (any
> rule
of thump maybe)?