Re: Europa-List: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)
From: David's Bt Account <stranfaer@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 16:14:50

I was type converted by Andy Draper who was chief pilot at Europa before he
joined
theLAA engineering dept.

I taught me and demoed take of in a tri gear at 18 degrees, he did at the time
remark that it is laa mono possible to climb out at full flap, but there must
be a reason for the 18 degrees? It works well for me fwiw

I must remark that a couple of hours flying with Andy is so enlightening......

David Joyce
The other one

Sent from the iPad of David Joyce
www.eastmidsspas.com

> On 1 Aug 2015, at 08:54, david park <dpark748@icloud.com> wrote:
>

>> From Sleap i use 20deg less drag in case of engine failure. Maybe better
>> glide
choice of landing area???
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

>> On 31 Jul 2015, at 17:53, Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> It was recently suggested to me to try taking off with full flap; figuring
>> that
the mono guys do this all the time, I gave it a go (having previously always
used around half flap). It seemed to lift the nose very much earlier and lift
off of it's own volition quite readily, whereas with half flap a pretty firm
aft input is required to rotate and lift off around 50kts.