Europa-List: Re: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 04:26:20

I consider the compulsory 27 degree flap setting of the monowheel to be a big
inconvenience
on take off. The aircraft levitates at low speed close to the ground
before having enough speed to start the climb and allowing the flaps/gear
to be retracted. During those few seconds, the aircraft is very sensitive to
wind
gusts, especially in a crosswind and that is a potentially dangerous situation.
I would love to be able to take off with 5 or 10 degrees of flaps. But I
would not exchange my speedy monowheel for a trigear.
Remi Guerner

Read this topic online here: