Re: Europa-List: mono fuselage stability on trailer

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mono fuselage stability on trailer
From: Timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 05:43:12

Hi Fred,
I have placed a rubber block, shaped to form where it contacts the  fuselage and
glued to the inside of the wing holder arm that retracts for de rigging/rigging.
Once the fuselage is on the trailer, retract the wing holder arms either side
and
the rubber blocks hold the fuselage upright.
At the tail of the aircraft I use bungee cords around the tailwheel arm and
trailer
track to stop it jumping out of its track race which has happened once.
Otherwise it does travel well on the trailer. There are various other minor
alterations
you have to do due to Mods on the the Spars but all doable.
Cheers.
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

> On 30/07/2015, at 11:19 pm, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:
>

> Gents,
>
> Ifve often had concerns about the stability of the mono wheel fuselage when it
rides along the road on its gbespokeh trailer...(couldnft resist the opportunity
to use this very British utterance).

> When my mind imagines the moment arms and the mass, stabilized solely by the
capturing of the sides of the LG02 retraction arm within the sides of the
tilt-up
ramp, I fear that the fuselage tipping over, contacting the wings or worse,
is just a heartbeat away.

> I have similar concerns about the stability of the fuselage while on the
> trailer
during the attaching and removal of the wingscan operation Ifve yet to
attemptcbut
the amount of the forces in play that Ifve experienced when attaching
the wings when the fuselage sits on a cradle in the shop gives me pause.

> Can I hear from those w/ actual experience as to whether or not my fears are
unfounded?cor is the fuselage stabilized by some additional means by which I am
unaware?