RE: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 21:11:06

Hi Graeme,

You would have to talk to Andy Draper to get more detail.  Although the
Europa has not been specifically tested it is expected to be no problem on
the flying qualities side but this has to be checked as first of type by an
approved test pilot who expects to be paid.  Most of the instrumentation
issues arise from uncertified glass rather than a standard six pack. The
Night/IFR team are developing a check list that can be used to assess the
equipment suitability.

Give Andy a call.

Regards

Brian