Europa-List: XTreme EMS from MGL Avionics

Subject: Europa-List: XTreme EMS from MGL Avionics
From: Stanislav Švec <standa.svec@volny.cz>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 07:22:16
Hi all,

I would like to install the XTreme EMS from MGL Avionics for engine
monitoring my Rotax 914 UL.

But at the same time I am very afraid to do it.

My friend, flyer and very good technician, had in his aircraft the Odyssey
EFIS from this company.

And he made a bitter experience. After 6 months never ending technical
problems he gave up this device and bought the Dynon EFIS. And now, fully
satisfied.

His advice is - MGL products never more !

My goal is, to buy, to install and to fly. I have no time, no mental and
economical power to solve bad device design etc. . .

But perhaps the situation by MGL is changing and perhaps the XTreme EMS is
different from Odyssey, perhaps this device is trouble free.

Please, is somebody here flying this engine monitor?

Experiences and recommendations?

Thanks very much for responses.

Regards

Stanislav