Re: Europa-List: Re: Fly In to Sanicole, EBLE 3-5 July 2015

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fly In to Sanicole, EBLE 3-5 July 2015
From: houlihan <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:16:17
Hi David / Barry
I read this on the Belgium AIP website

2  REQUIREMENT TO SUBMIT A FLIGHT PLAN
A flight plan shall be submitted prior to operating:

   1. any FLT or portion thereof to be provided with ATC service
   2. any FLT above FL 660
   3. any FLT across international borders
   4. any FLT at night, if leaving the vicinity of an AD.

Note 1: A pilot may, if he wishes, submit a flight plan for any FLT. A
pilot is advised to submit a flight plan if he intends to fly over sparsely
populated areas, particularly if his ACFT is not equipped with radio.

Note 2: With regard to point c) above, a pilot is not required to use the
flight plan when planning FLTs from the Schengen area into non-controlled
airspace in the Belgian part of the Brussels FIR.

See item "C" and note 2 , so I guess flying into Belgium is ok but what
about leaving ?

read http://www.belgocontrol.be/website/eaip/eAIP_Main/html/index-en-GB.htm
to see if I am correct.

Tim