Europa-List: Re: Nose Wheel Bearing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Nose Wheel Bearing
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 11:42:14

Hi Bud,
Change of topic, I am not a builder but I look closely how things are made, and
I will say I think I could have made a better job of some design components.
I have 25000 hour and are not going to damage anyone's aeroplane by giving it a
little wiggle, which I have found a number of common wear and tear, just little
things like the wear In the stablator hinges, and plastic cups on the control
arm. seems to wear more on the port side.
Wish some one produced a list of common wear in components one could check.
However I have also noticed on a few planes a small hair line crack some
Europa's
have it  on both sides and some one only one side, running up from the corner
of the fusalarge of wear the spare slides into the fuselage, I would say it
just a crack in the jell coat and of no structural relevants  caused by flexing
of the skin,
Have you come across this before.

Regards
Alan