RE: Europa-List: Knowing the actual fuel level?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Knowing the actual fuel level?
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:09:56
Hi Rick=2C
The Avelec should work better than you described. Perhaps you should re-cal
ibrate it. There are also expensive fuel flow indicators like my JPI 450 an
d others. The most reliable and cheapest solution is the sight tube. I use
all 3 . My complaint about the Avelec is that it is difficult to read in su
nlight=2C like all LCD displays. I guess it's my failing eyesight.Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Knowing the actual fuel level?
> From: Rkwmoss@gmail.com
> Date: Wed=2C 18 Mar 2015 13:16:01 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Hi all=2C
>
> My XS TG has an Avelec electronic fuel gauge=2C which is useful as a vagu
e indication=2C but little else. When it reads 54 litres (the highest it ev
er reads)=2C I can still put another 18 litres into the tank. It then reads
 54 litres for around an hour of flight=2C before dropping in 2 litre incre
ments in a plausible manner.

> Bottom line: I only know accurately how much fuel I have when it's overfl
owing or empty (excl reserve). Given that the tank can't be dipped=2C what
are you chaps using for fuel measurement?