Europa-List: Re: rear baggage shelf fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Re: rear baggage shelf fitting
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 17:25:19

Hi Rowland,  I did my baggage bay as mod 47, modifying my original classic
baggage
bay.  I certainly did it as per your first method, the front flange of the
bulkhead sitting in front of and bonding to the cockpit module's rear edge.
It worked perfectly for me and the bulkhead sits nicely on the rear edge of the
cockpit module.
In fact, the mod 47 instructions quote;  "The first job is to cut away the
centre
of the bulkhead front flange so that it matches the tunnel of the cockpit
module".
This is so that the bulkhead front edge fits nicely over the tunnel.
If the front edge of the bulkhead was to go behind the cockpit module's rear
edge you wouldn't need to do that trimming because the tunnel does not extend
back behind the cockpit module.
Cheers, Jon

--------
G-TERN