Re: Europa-List: 914 / mufler / end pipe

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 / mufler / end pipe
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:00:59
Gert=2C
You are a patient man.

I have done it many ways.  The Trigear is hard to cowl up without the clamp
.  The mono is easier.
I welded mine on once I was comfortable with the length and angle.  I don't
 like to have loose stuff.  My tailpipe is short=2C so I have exhaust stain
s.

If you like a long pipe that is removable=2C the best way to assure your pi
pe doesn't fall into a schoolyard=2C is to pin it.  We use an 1/8" hole thr
ough the overlap area where the clamp rests.  We tack weld a pin to the cla
mp like on a Continental.  One can also use a screw and clamp over it.  We
use a small head screw and dimple the wide band clamp for the screw head.

Then we weld a loop ( a U of welding rod ) on the tail pipe and muffler stu
b.  Then safety wire the loops.  Its like belts and suspenders=2C but we ar
e annal.

Regards=2C
Bud Yerly

On Feb 24=2C 2015 11:18 AM=2C =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gert_Dalgaard_S=F8rensen?