Re: Europa-List: Re: UK to Channel Isles, UK customs and border controls

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: UK to Channel Isles, UK customs and border controls
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 12:42:18

What I have done in the past is to fly out to the Channel Isles via France,
typically
Le Havre or Cherbourg, which means you can claim your 20-30 fuel duty drawback
for the sake of a half hour stop and 10 landing fee (both leg flight plans
filed at the same time) and then return direct to Laddingford with all the
paperwork submitted 24+ hours before.

Don't forget to do everything through the Jersey Aero Club if you are going to
Jersey.

Dave Watts G-BXDY

> On 8 Feb 2015, at 08:24, Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Flew out and back from Laddingford to Jersey last year submitted all the
> paperwork
no problems.

> Kevin Challis
> G ODJG
>

>> On 7 Feb 2015, at 20:21, Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> I dont have the certificate to hand but I used to fly out of Wycombe and Old
Sarum to Ci with no problems.

>> Have to admit only just located JT at Brimpton so would need to check for
>> myself
as well now youve brought it up.

>> Alan
>>> On 7 Feb 2015, at 20:13, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>>>

>>> Actually, you could be right... if the Channel Islands are specifically
>>> included
in Brimpton's Certificate of Agreement.