Re: Europa-List: Re: Integrating an ipad mini in the panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Integrating an ipad mini in the panel
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 17:12:27
Gents,

FWIW, I use an iPad2 on a RAM mount attached to the right side of the
instrument panel.  Power comes from a USB terminal on the back of my GRT
Sport to which I have added an extension which comes around to the left
side of the display.

Ya, it=99s kinda ungainly from the cockpit with a USB line running
---From one side of the panel to the other, but for now it works.  No
noise, no interference, no problems at all.  Eventually, I may see if I
can obtain a longer USB extension and bring it out the right side of the
right panel close to the iPad.  But that=99s for future work on
the panels.  Right now I need to start an annual condition inspection so
I can see if, in 2015, I can fly more than double the 25 hrs I flew in
2014.

Blue skies & tailwinds Y'all,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com