Re: Europa-List: Jamar finger brakes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jamar finger brakes
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:50:32

Bill,

The definitive document on all things "Europa Brake Fluid" can be found
on the club website at:

http://www.theeuropaclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Brake-Fluid-review.pdf

Ian Rickard's excellent research even gives you the supplier of
replacement master and slave cylinder "O" rings for whichever fluid
system you decide on.

Nigel

On 20/01/2015 20:03, bill mcclellan wrote:

> I have installed the Jamar dual brake cylinders and I have Grove brakes.  It
appears that Jamar requires Dot 3 or 4 brake fluid and Grove requires MIL-5606
hydraulic fluid as does Matco.  I don't believe these two fluids are not
compatible.
Does anyone have Jamar brakes cylinders with Grove or Matco brakes?
If so what brake fluid do you use and find compatible with this brake
combination?