Re: Europa-List: Airmaster constant speed unit issue

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airmaster constant speed unit issue
From: Tony Higgins <anthonyhiggins596@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 20:13:39

Have had this problem a few times.
In the first instance make sure the slip ring is clean and free of oil or grease
deposits. A quick wipe with brake cleaner will sort this. Then clean the slip
ring tracks with a green plastic pan scourer. Ground run to check function.
If this does not work check your brushes as per the prop manual. This cure is
as per Airmaster.
Hope it works for you.
Tony Higgins G-CHAH

Sent from my iPad

> On 29 Dec 2014, at 19:01, Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> My 912S has an airmaster VP prop with warp drive blades and the airmaster
> constant
speed control unit. Both have around 100 hours on them.

> Today upon takeoff fly flydat alerted me to an engine over speed (moderate;
> never
exceeded 5900rpm). I slowed down a little and reduced power to keep the engine
within limits, and climbed to altitude to consider the issue. The CS unit
was non-responsive, however switching to manual enabled me to alter the pitch.
Has anybody experienced this? I assume that if all connections appear good,
I simply need to replace the CS unit?