Europa-List: conventional gear vs. tri-gear retrofit

Subject: Europa-List: conventional gear vs. tri-gear retrofit
From: HowardM <hmallett@uniserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 22:14:52

Want to change my new-to-me XS Monowheel to either a conventional or a tri-gear
version, and understand there are a few options/ideas out there....  Tri-gear
makes lots of safety sense, but taildragger looks promising as well.  I would
appreciate any and all advice on which way is better/easier/most reliable etc...
There appears to be more than one way to do the conventional gear with a
single-piece metal or carbon-fiber leg, but that failures have occurred.  Anyone
out there who could enlighten me on this?  Appreciate any feedback!
I'm in Canada on the West Coast.  Thanks, Howard

--------
Howard

Read this topic online here: