Europa-List: Re: Taildragger conversion battery position.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Taildragger conversion battery position.
From: HowardM <hmallett@uniserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 21:58:52

Ian Mansfeld wrote:
> I had this conversion done to a 80hp mono by the knowledgable Dave Hunter at
Kemble. The conversion made no change to the CG, and my battery remains in the
engine bay (although my aircraft as built does tend to an aft CG anyway). Leg
fairings were from Duncan Macfadyean (apologies if spelling is wrong!) and are
VERY clean and light. Wheel fairings are Europa Tri-gear, trimmed to fit by
Dave.

> Excellent mod, added a VP prop to get a machine that I am very pleased with
> (1000fpm
RoC and 125 knot 75% cruise on 19 lph from 80hp).

> Out of interest, are you in touch with the man who makes the carbon hoop, as
Dave and I had a very difficult time contacting him and any new info would be
useful just in case a new leg is needed one day.

> Ian G-BVVP

--------
Howard

Read this topic online here: