Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Prop & Controller

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Prop & Controller
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 01:34:22

I have the 1650mm 2 blade Woodcomp 3000 with a Trigear and it works great and
saved
me 10 lbs up front.
Christoph Both

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 3, 2014, at 15:08, "N6ZY" <jffisher@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I am looking for advice on fitting a Woodcomp 2 blade prop to my trigear.
> I want to fit the 1700mm prop, which requires me to slightly increase the
> ground
clearance.  I am thinking of doing this by inserting a 1/4" shim under the
fixing bolts for the nose gear horizontal pivot block where it attaches to the
fuselage bulkhead.  Has anyone done this (or any alternative method), and if
so, do you have any advice?

> Secondly, does anyone have one of Mark Burton's CSC-1 prop controllers spare
that they are interested in selling?  Unfortunately he does not make them any
more, and I understand that the Woodcomp controllers have a poor reputation.
Alternatively has anyone used the Airmaster controller with a Woodcomp prop to
confirm whether they are compatible?  Thanks.