Europa-List: Woodcomp Prop & Controller

Subject: Europa-List: Woodcomp Prop & Controller
From: N6ZY <jffisher@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 11:08:05

I am looking for advice on fitting a Woodcomp 2 blade prop to my trigear.
I want to fit the 1700mm prop, which requires me to slightly increase the ground
clearance.  I am thinking of doing this by inserting a 1/4" shim under the
fixing
bolts for the nose gear horizontal pivot block where it attaches to the
fuselage bulkhead.  Has anyone done this (or any alternative method), and if so,
do you have any advice?

Secondly, does anyone have one of Mark Burton's CSC-1 prop controllers spare
that
they are interested in selling?  Unfortunately he does not make them any more,
and I understand that the Woodcomp controllers have a poor reputation.
Alternatively
has anyone used the Airmaster controller with a Woodcomp prop to confirm
whether they are compatible?  Thanks.

Jerry Fisher

Read this topic online here: