RE: Europa-List: firewall forward planning

Subject: RE: Europa-List: firewall forward planning
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:56:01
Rowland=2C
On my XS/912s/skydrive heater the distance is exactly 100mm. But my carb he
ater is the original one. I believe the newer one has different measurement
s. You need to check.Karl

> From: rowlandcarson@gmail.com
> Subject: Europa-List: firewall forward planning
> Date: Sat=2C 22 Nov 2014 16:35:04 +0000
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

m>

> Thanks to the several folk who have kindly sent to me pictures of their f
irewall on the engine side. They have been helpful (and more are welcome if
 you have them)=2C but looking at them has raised a further question.

> I=92m planning to fit the Skydrive carb heat kit=2C which gets its heat f
rom the water system and fits between the carbs and the intake manifolds. I
t will cause the carbs and airbox (plenum chamber) to be a bit further aft
=2C and I wonder how much room I=92ll have for things fixed to the firewall
 in that central area. Can anyone who=92s done this already tell me the dis
tance between the firewall and the aft face of the airbox when the Skydrive
 carb heaters are fitted to a 912S on a XS fuselage?