Europa-List: firewall forward planning

Subject: Europa-List: firewall forward planning
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:35:04

Thanks to the several folk who have kindly sent to me pictures of their firewall
on the engine side. They have been helpful (and more are welcome if you have
them), but looking at them has raised a further question.

Im planning to fit the Skydrive carb heat kit, which gets its heat from the
water
system and fits between the carbs and the intake manifolds. It will cause the
carbs and airbox (plenum chamber) to be a bit further aft, and I wonder how
much room Ill have for things fixed to the firewall in that central area. Can
anyone whos done this already tell me the distance between the firewall and the
aft face of the airbox when the Skydrive carb heaters are fitted to a 912S
on a XS fuselage?

in friendship

Rowland