Europa-List: classic tail wheel

Subject: Europa-List: classic tail wheel
From: spcialeffects <spcialeffects@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:48:52

Hello all. I am building a classic mono and am fitting the tail wheel at the
moment.
I am also using the XS stern post instead of the classic build option. Today
i drilled the hole in the stern post, in the correct location BUT i followed
the wrong line. I drilled it in line with the angle of the spring mount of
the wheel and not the fuselage bottom  :( . I have the correct distance from
the bottom of the fuselage and the spring end 235mm, plus i have a good fit
around
the spring arm through the stern post but i now need 12 plys or shims under
where the bolt goes.
      SO what im asking is should i go with the 12 shims and use a longer bolt
OR file the hole at the bottom and and get the correct 5 or so shims but have
an untidy fit around the stern post area? All views/advice welcome. Thanks Frank

Read this topic online here: