Re: Europa-List: Carbon Fibre

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carbon Fibre
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:40:36

Richard

You can use the same resin for carbon fibre work. The major considerations come
with sanding etc. make sure you wear a very good mask and watch out for getting
"carbon splinters" in your skin.

I am sure others would have more advice.

Dave Watts

> On 10 Nov 2014, at 15:15, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:
>

> Not quite a Europa question but I note that several contributors have made
> parts
for the Europa with carbon Fibre.  I need to make a repair to a part for a
boat out of carbon fibre (sorry, not the plane). Is it the same as working with
epoxy / glassfibre? Can I use the same resin or are there special considerations
for working with carbon?