Europa-List: Re: 914 For Sale

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 914 For Sale
From: willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:48:40

Hi Phil,
Can't say for sure if it's a new rule, but Crawfords the underwriters for Great
Lakes Insurance have defiantly taken that stance. I pleaded with them to buy
the wreckage including the engine to no avail, there was no chance of
negotiation.
My engine had less than 400 hrs and started first time in all weathers and
ran like a sewing machine hence my wish to buy it.
The incident was due to carrying out the FREDA checks prior to landing and the
engine stopping due to unreliable gauges and fuel starvation.
To my chagrin it made National TV.
Bill

--------
Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser

Read this topic online here: