Re: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilator
From: PETER MORGANS <petermorgans181@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 01:50:31
Hi Kelv,=0AWas it mine - G-CFKZ? There is a small circumferential gap, meta
l to metal, of about 0.010". These units provide superb controllable ventil
ation compared to the original units. Have not noticed any problems with ra
in ingress or water after washing. In flight, with vents closed, there is a
 slight draft through the gap.=0ARegards=0APeter Morgans=0A=0A=0A__________
______________________=0A From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>=0ATo: eur
opa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Friday, 26 September 2014, 20:51=0ASubject:
 Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilator=0A =0A=0A--> Europa-List message posted b
y: "Kelvin Weston" <kelv@kdweston.biz>=0A=0AHi all=0A=0AHave just purchased
 a couple of ultimate ventilators to fit under the windscreen either side o
f the fuselage just forward of the doors.=0AI saw them fitted to a Europa a
t Sywell and thought they were a good solution to the ventilation problem.
=0AMy question to those that are flying and already have them fitted is:=0A
Do you have any problem with water ingress when it rains?=0AI notice that t
here is no rubber seal or anything fitted and there is quite a gap between
the centre flap and the circular frame when it is closed.=0AIn fact, I am a
 bit disappointed with them as they have no positive closure device and can
 be pushed open from outside when fitted.=0AI can imagine a lot of rain ent
ering the fuselage when the aircraft is stored outside.=0AHope I am wrong b
ecause they were bloody expensive.=0A=0A--------=0ARegards=0A=0AKelv Weston
=0AKit 497=0Akelv@kdweston.biz=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:
=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=431150#431150=0A=0A=0A