Europa-List: Re: Fitting new tail plane torque tube

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fitting new tail plane torque tube
From: alan_hunter1664 <alanhunter1664@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:44:21

I received the following response from Europa but i'm still not 100% happy with
just "trim to fit". Anyone else fitted this new standard torque tube that can
offer advice?

Dear Alan,

I have looked into the issue you raised and fully agree that the on-line
instructions
do not in their entirety refer to the current tailplane torque tube standard.
The latest standard has pre-drilled shouldered black plastic sleeves fitted,
ref: pt no. TP38 rather than the undrilled plain white sleeves, ref:  pt
no. TP10.

As soon as possible we will proceed to update the online assembly instructions
to include the latest design standard whilst  retaining the existing
instructions
for the previous design standard.

But in the mean time you may proceed with your tailplane assembly as I believe
the only additional instruction you require, ref: Step 6 onwards is to "Trim the
outboard ends of the pre-drilled shouldered TP 38 sleeves in order to achieve
the no end float requirement".

In the previous design you had to determine the hole positions in order to
achieve
the no end float requirement, mark the hole centers and drill them.

Read this topic online here: