Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Caps for the Europa Fleet.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Caps for the Europa Fleet.
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 08:17:01

I notice that Demon Tweeks supply a range of fuel filler caps that
resemble the earlier Classic style. It is difficult to work out the
sizes from the limited details given on their site, but a call to them
might give you that information.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fuel-filler-caps

Nigel

On 03/09/2014 13:15, Kevin Challis wrote:

> Bud
>
> If your fuel cap fits the old size can I be put on the list if it's not to
> late.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kevin Challis
>

>> On 3 Sep 2014, at 13:47, "rampil" <ira.rampil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I believe the non-kludge choices for the loss of an original kit supplied
>> fuel cap (which are 70 mm diameter) are:
>>
>> 1) tear up fuselage and replace existing 70 mm flange with now standard 65 mm
flange / cap set

>> 2) As Bud has offered, have supplier provide a new short production run of
>> 70mm
caps

>> NB: when I mentioned the locking mechanism in my prior post, I was referring
>> to the standard twist latch in the cap, not to the key-lock. I do not believe
>> the presence or absence of the key-lock has an impact on the diameter and
>> seal
issue.