Europa-List: ICOM A 24 handheld radio

Subject: Europa-List: ICOM A 24 handheld radio
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 14:08:09
Al while ago I bought the above radio.  I took it with me religiously as a
back up on the basis that you can use it in flight and in the event of an
off airport landing it might be useful.  Today my X air which as been
excellent up to now went intermittent.

I thought ok I will just fire up the ICOM.  Well it didn't work or rather
not with a headset.  Further research on the web suggests that despite
having a headset adapter in the box, there are problems getting it to work
with a headset.  If you cant use a headset then the value as a backup is
questionable.

Has anyone had this issue?

I would welcome suggestions for handheld back up radios which do work with
headsets...

Thanks

Will

.