Europa-List: request info about battery cut off

Subject: Europa-List: request info about battery cut off
From: John Archer <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 23:35:51

Hello,
I need to install a battery cut off as I have an electrical load (the
stall warning light) and possibly others that are not on a breaker or
switch.
I intend to install a Sterling IS200 which has a 200 amp continuous
rating on the positive battery lead:
http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/IS200/

The battery in my Europa is attached behind the rear bulkhead of the
baggage compartment on the passenger side. Would it be best to install
the switch inside the baggage bay along the side of fuselage where the
cables run or make a hole in the rear bulkhead next to the battery. The
latter would be slightly lighter as it would not need a mounting plate
as the switch would be mounted in the bulkhead.

Sorry if this seems to be a rather simple question but I am very new to
aircraft ownership/maintenance and not yet made any "holes" in the
aircraft. Any advice on what or what not to do is very welcome.
Regards,  John