Re: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 08:30:53

John,

Agreed.  You could use cast iron hinges and theyd just tear up the fiberglass
when
the door departed.  One must absolutely, positively, make sure both bolt shoots
are in place.  I have a strap attached to the inside lower rear corner of
my doors that allows me to pull that corner in when I latch the door.  I had
microswitches for a while but they tended to get out of adjustment and wear
causing
false warnings.  The strap is much better at confirming the rear shoots
are in place and the door properly latched.

Same 404 error when I try to access the photos.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (50 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com