RE: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight
From: Max Cointe Free <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 10:05:09

We've been there too. Totally agree with Jon, it's mandatory to verify that
the rear pin is really engaged. I push on front and rear side of both
windows as last line of my pre take off check list.
BTW this point has been addressed on this forum quite a bit ago and some
builders have added detection switches linked to leds on their panel, a bit
too much for me.
Hope your window is manufactured in the UK (grey color) as our came from USA
(dark color) and it was more expensive for travel than the price of the
window itself and it took 6 weeks to get it...

Max  Cointe
mcointe@free.fr
F-PMLH Europa XS_TriGear
Kit #560-2003 912ULS/AirmasterAP332 520 hours

F-PLDJ DynAro MCR 4S
Kit #27-2002 912ULSFR/MTProp MTV7A 1650 heures