RE: Europa-List: LAA Night / IFR Trials

Subject: RE: Europa-List: LAA Night / IFR Trials
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:10:14

It is not for me to reveal the aircraft being used.  I will leave that to
the owner.  The initial trials start with demonstrating that the aircraft
can meet the IFR stability requirements of CS-23.  Once this is proven, the
aircraft has to comply with the instrument, radio and electrical
requirements of CS-23.  It will then enter the test flight phase which will
be a series of IMC and night trials , both simulated and real,.  We are
carrying out these initial trials on a small number of different aircraft to
prove the process before seeking full approval from the CAA for the LAA to
recommend exemption from the "daylight/VFR"  Permit limitations for
individual aircraft.

Brian Davies