Europa-List: Re: Flap Actuator Load Calcs.....how do I do it??

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap Actuator Load Calcs.....how do I do it??
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 02:06:15

When I converted my mono-wheel to tri-gear a year and a half ago, I took the
good
advice of not installing an electric motor for the flaps, which would have
added weight, complication and possibly less reliability.

So my flaps are raised and lowered manually using the originally installed lever
for combined flap-undercarriage operation. Obviously when the mono-wheel got
removed, so did the bungee and outriggers.

You could hardly wish for a lighter easier method and the change in dynamic air
load throughout the range is barely noticeable. So don't worry, be happy!

Read this topic online here: