Re: Europa-List: SkyYiew antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: SkyYiew antenna
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 20:43:22

Tonythe SV-250-GPS is a little puck which is 3/4 thick, plus it has a wire
directly
out its underside which is set in masticthis will need about a quarter inch
to bend around, so an inch space should do the trickleave it to me to have
made my overhead panel a bit concave so it will be tight...thanks for the
ideaFred

On Jun 1, 2014, at 8:00 PM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Fred,
> In the roof between the doors would probably be easy, and unless the GPS
> antenna
is thicker than I imagine, it should fit. On the top of the instrument panel,
I meant mounted on the underside though. Is that an option?
> TR
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 2 Jun 2014, at 12:36 pm, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:
>>

>> TonyI came within an ace of mounting it on the top of the instrument panel
>> module,
and am just now beginning to consider other optionsIm loathe to mount it
on the exterior of the roofit may fit within the space of the roof and an
overhead
panel Ive placed in the cockpit ceiling between the doorsId prefer not
to mount it back behind the D panelhmmmmmFred

>>> On Jun 1, 2014, at 5:56 PM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Fred,
>>>
>>> With that Dynon Skyview GPS EFIS setup, what are you considering for a
>>> location??
Underside of instrument panel coaming, or in the roof?

>>> Tony R.

to have the gps antenna a good distance (he said 18 inches) away from other
gps antennas as well as the electronics and instruments.

to where youve installed your SV-250 module, and if performance is acceptable;
if not, where are you planning to relocate it?