Europa-List: |Arblast Propellar Spinner

Subject: Europa-List: |Arblast Propellar Spinner
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:04:31

Hi All.
Just had my permit done, the only maintenance I can see is to grease the lead
screw.
However my spinner rotates un-evenly, i can only put the spinner on the same way
round as the screws only line up that way.
I have checked the rear back plate which is only about a mm out of true,
I note there is another circular plate in front of the prop,
but this plate does not attach to the spinner, at this same position on the
spinner
there is a row of screws ie imitation not used,
They are just forward of the plate mentioned above, i was wondering if this is
normal or should the screws be attached to this forward plate.
The spinner plates seem to be made of thin aluminium backed with fibre glass to
give it strength, the spinner is also thin fibre glass about 14 or 15" in
length.
The screws i have mentioned are forward of the plate so no means of fixing them
to the plate, its the rear screws only that hold the spinner on.

Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: