Europa-List: antennas

Subject: Europa-List: antennas
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:06:26

I would be grateful if one of you experts in radio matters
could tell me whether one can add a couple of metres of
good quality coax cable to distance the stub antenna of a
hand held Icom transceiver from the radio, positioning the
stub aerial on top of the fuselage behind the pilot,
without mucking up its function. I hasten to add that this
is not for my Europa but for a Build a Plane project I am
involved in which will rely on an Icom, but which picks up
a load of ignition noise if positioned on the panel, just
behind the engine.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ