Europa-List: Re: Landing Gear Layups in Baggage Bay

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Landing Gear Layups in Baggage Bay
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 04:12:52

About 18 months ago I engaged the services of a well-known expert to do the bulk
of this task for me, while I stood nearby and assisted. My aircraft had flown
for 15 years as a mono wheel and I wanted to go into retirement with something
less challenging for landings and take offs.

So the task was made more difficult by having to remove the fabric lining and
associated
glue, followed by an enormous amount of rough sanding. Of course all
this had to be done with the fuselage top half in place and the wing root
linking
metalwork already installed.

Anyway, to get to the point. I agree with what you have written, although I
can't
recall exactly how far the uni extended. It seems to me that the numerous layers
of bid are simply to stiffen the existing structure and to provide multiple
load paths.

This reply is about as useful as udders on a bull, but I thought that you'd
prefer
anything rather than a deafening silence. Good luck with the task and bear
in mind that it could be a lot worse.

Read this topic online here: