Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re:

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Re: Eu
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 19:04:46
And for something a little more authoritative than what I can extract from m
y moldy brain, here is a link to Wikipedia for better clarification:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_attack

Alex Kaarsberg

Em 11/05/2014, =C3-s 18:33, Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br> escrev
eu:

> Tim et al,
>
> Reflecting on your message, you may agree with me on a few points.
> Pitch angle refers to the angle between the a/c longitudinal axis and leve
l.
> Angle of incidence, if not mistaken, to longitudinal axis and MAC(?)
> The vanes in front of the Jaguar, I believe would measure AOA, which is re
lative airflow to long. axis.
> I do agree that measured AOA could be affected by proximity to the wing, b
ut isn't that the reason it is placed there, in order to read actual AOA on t
he wing and not theoretical?