Re: Europa-List: Europa Crash in Lübeck/Germany

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Crash in Lübeck/Germany
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 14:01:50
=?UTF-8?B?LSBMaWZ0IFJlc2VydmUgSW5kaWNhdG9y?

Tim,

The creation of an AoA indicator does not need to be complex or
expensive. Unlike the military devices that you are used to working
with, a simple differential pressure gage can be made to measure the
change of the stagnation point as it moves up the leading edge of the
wing as its AoA approaches 16 degrees. It requires two carefully
positioned holes on the wing LE and cannot use the single pitot feed.

A few years ago, an enterprising company in the US began selling a
device called the "Lift Reserve Indicator". Shortly afterwards, the
attached document appeared on the internet.

Given a choice, I would endorse David's recommendation and plump for
Mark Burton's excellent "SmartAss".

Nigel