Europa-List: Re: thottle gadget thingy

Subject: Europa-List: Re: thottle gadget thingy
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 13:22:23

Hi Will

I had the same problem with the metal washers rotating against the nuts.  The
required
friction surfaces should be between the lever/plastic washer and/or plastic
washer/metal washer combination and NOT between the metal washers and the
nuts.
I binned the two AN970-4 washers and made two oval shaped stainless plates, same
thickness, that extended down into the bottom of the throttle housing.  I
adjusted
the shape and size so that they contact the throttle housing thus stopping
any rotation.
An additional benefit is the plates provide added support for the pivot bolt
preventing
downwards and sideways movement of the throttle lever if used with a
heavy hand.

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston