Europa-List: Latest Edict from The CAA ref charity flights........

Subject: Europa-List: Latest Edict from The CAA ref charity flights........
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 11:48:00
Hi! All,

I thought we would be due to some common sense revelations from big brother
on the questions of charity flights for Permit To Fly Aircraft but I should
have thought otherwise!  "Case by case basis rules"!

7 The Annexes do NOT provide for the carriage of passengers on charity
flights in:

a. Powered aircraft which do not hold a valid Certificate of Airworthiness
(a Permit to Fly is not acceptable);

b. powered aeroplanes from unlicensed aerodromes;

c. gliders that do not hold a valid Certificate of Airworthiness unless the
airworthiness of the glider has been established to the

satisfaction of the BGA;

d. hang gliders, paragliders and microlights, including powered parachutes.

Specific requests will be considered by the CAA before a decision is made,
on a case by case basis

Regards

Bob Harrison