Europa-List: Re: 200 hour carburettor check on G-RPAF

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 200 hour carburettor check on G-RPAF
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 02:58:03

On the face of it your plan is good, as far as it goes. But you run the risk of
disturbing carburettor balance, depending on your installation and the proximity
of exhausts, air-box, hoses, etc. Recently I needed investigation into rough
running and although I've done a lot for myself over the years, I finally
realised
that I needed expert help.

As far as I know, you could do no better than Kevin Dilks, who used to work in
the Rotax factory in Austria. He discovered that my springs inside the carb
vacuum
chambers had lost some elasticity and were the cause of rich mixture. How
the heck did he see that? The man's a genius! So try:

http://www.specialaviationservices.co.uk/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=4

Read this topic online here: