Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Space

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Tank Space
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:00:21
Bruno=2C
Not a bad idea.
In my experience it is not practical.  Brakes take up a bit of room.  I rem
ove the metal firewall and make a new one behind the nose gear leg and clos
e the area and add an access panel=2C as has been posted before.  I also ad
d my own park brake valve setup seen at sun 'n fun. This leaves little spac
e.  The CG is a bit far forward with fuel forward of your knees also.  In a
 runway departure the nose gear leg has sheared the bolts and entered into
the well some six inches so that makes me less than keen on a tank there.

On a side note:
Once my medical experiment is over=2C I am going to install an 8 gallon tan
k above the gear wells right against the tank bulkhead in 12AY.  It will be
 aluminum=2C use a pump=2C a proper vent=2C and fill through a proper cap m
oulded into the starboard door frame.

My kids are moving just out of range.  But my bladder may not be large enou
gh to warrant the tank.  But I'll build it anyway.  It measures about 6" x
8" x 36" nominally.  Volume is  about 1 cubic foot.  (I got the idea from a
uto racing tanks with foam and bladders for safety.  They are a bit heavy b
ut safe for inside the cockpit.)  It's anchored to the ply braces so it won
't go anywhere.
It will take up baggage room.

Jerry Hope thought of a belly slipper tank.  Right on the CG.  We just didn
't have time.

Regards=2C
Bud

UVTREITH <uvtreith@t-online.de> wrote:

Hi Family=2C

We will change a Classic Monowheel into a Classic TriGear with toe brake
system.

Now my question: Is it possible and/or already done=2C using the empty spac
---From the Tundra Wheel for an secondary fuel tank?

Have a nice time and safe flights.

Best Regards=2C

Bruno Reith