Europa-List: Re: Belgian airspace

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Belgian airspace
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 01:41:07

Irrespective of the permission requirement (most fly without as far as I know)
the transition is quite easy, especially when you are in contact with Brussels
Information.

You can either fly (roughly) via Calais, Kortrijk, between the Brussels and
Antwerp
CTR below 1500 ft to Venlo/Maastricht (what I did) and you are clear of
restricted
airspaces. Last weekend we were at Manston and one crew got a DCT from
Oostende (over Brussels!) to Aachen EDKA at FL 100. At weekends you can also
expect many of the restricted areas to be not active.

Nontheless you should be aware of the restricted airspaces and when in doubt ask
for clearance.

Read this topic online here: