Europa-List: 914 Fuel flow meter instalation.

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Fuel flow meter instalation.
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 02:10:09

Hello All
My engine is the 914 turbo charged engine.
I have an MGL Flow Meter Gauge.
Two Floscan Model 201A-6 Flow Senders, rated up to 30 gallons per hour.
These are approved by the LAA and my flow is well within there range.
The pipe work is 8mm hose. and I have mounted brackets for the senders with a
good
6 inches of straight flow, with wire vertically out of the top as manual.

Seems to go : Fuel. Tank>Tank Selector>Gasolator (all filters removed and
Gasolator
fitted with Mod approval in log book years ago)> Fuel Pumps (Will be Senders)>
Firewall >engine.

1, have looked down the tunnel and see a mass of hoses, I need to find the Main
flow and Return flow hoses, ( I don,t want to cut my pipes at the moment as I
am still flying, and will leave this till the day my inspector comes and
finishes
off the job but want it all set up ready)
So how do I find the flow and return hose, maybe from the engine end,????

2. I have noticed the pipes are 8 mm, and see the holes in the senders are only
about 1/8 inch in diameter, seems a bit small to me, any comment,??

 Many Thanks
Alan

Read this topic online here: